Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week 2

click to see full size image

Data for the second week! This chart displays not only this week, but both weeks thus far. I think that the more data the better. It will be useful in finding trends in my behavior and help me optimize my process. The blue line is my Daily Caloric Value (DCV) calculated for me to lose weight. Each week I recalculate the value, so each week it will move down as I lose weight (because I'm not going to get any taller... perhaps...).

Some notes on this week. I went over my value on two days, but in the end, my weekly total (11,931.47 Cal)was lower than last week (12,035.50 Cal). I think this is worth noting. It can be a deflating (inflating? heh?) feeling to mis a daily goal, but it's good to remember to not get discouraged and refocus.

I'm becoming very conscious about how much work goes into this, but at the same time, I feel like this is a very positive growth for me. Tomorrow is my Monday weigh-in. I think it will go well. My goal for this next week is to try and stabilize my numbers some and try to learn and analyze my diet composition so I can start engineering a more perfect experience (because let's face it, I don' want to diet forever...).

Workout Data

Wednesday: Interval Training - 00:30
Thursday: Aikido - 01:30
Friday: Interval Training - 00:30
Saturday: Interval Training - 00:30 (tried to up my speed but it kicked my ass)

3 comments:

Jon said...

Supposedly you are shorter when you go to sleep than when you wake up; have you thought about measuring height throughout the day to see if it changes?

Chi said...

I won't do it everyday, but perhaps this could be a fun thing to do over a weekend when I can get help from the girlfriend scientist.

Jon said...

How did you calculate the DCV? I'm thinking about taking similar (if less well documented) measures to get into shape, and this would be a useful tool.